Saturday, October 31

Christmas comes early!!!

Love getting first tracks in October. It was a bit late this year. Last year was a week or two earlier. Doesn't look like much snow, but behind the camera on the MTN was more than enough. Only one good core shot! But you can still see a smile on my face. That's because I'm on the old reliable 1080s

You can see some people above the parking sign. I went up that way and continued up to the lone upper pine tree in the clearing. Not a full run and I'm sure the snow should have been much better all the way up, but I wasn't into the whole 2 hour hike up to the top. On the second turn I lost a ski. Had to hike up and get it. Definitely a great run in some nice snow.
Did some shopping today. Needed some ski boots and some climbing skins. The REI garage sale payed off again. Got the shorts that have a built in pad for about 14 bucks. The Mountain bike gloves were 8 bucks. Bought a book called snow sense. Its all about avalanche forecasting and predicting. Overall a total success.

No comments:

Post a Comment